How to Apply Door Edge Trim
Looking to replace the door edge trim in your car? We have just the tutorials you need! To find out how to remove the door edge trim, check out this tutorial. Read on for instructions on applying new trim to your door edge.
This is an easy job anyone can do, so hiring a specialist to do it for you would be a waste of money. All you need are a couple of basic household items, a few minutes of your time, and this tutorial.
What to Get Before Starting the Project
Before tackling the project, gather together the following items:
- Rubbing alcohol
- A rag
- A knife or a pair of scissors
- Replacement door edge trim (All-Fit offers affordable high-quality door edge trim in a variety of colors)
Applying the Door Edge Trim in 6 Easy Steps
When the old trim is off the door edge, follow these steps to apply the new trim:
- Make sure your car is parked in a warm place that’s over 65 degrees.
- Mix even parts of water and rubbing alcohol.
- Wet the rag with the water/rubbing alcohol mixture.
- Thoroughly clean the door edge with the water/rubbing alcohol mixture. Let dry.
- When the door edge is drying, measure its length.
- Apply the trim to the door edge by pressing it on firmly.
Important: don’t wash your car for 24 hours to ensure that the trim bonds correctly.
If you contact us, we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about the installation process or help you find the right door edge trim for your car.