6 Easy Mods for Luxury Cars That Really Make Them Pop
Every kind of car can benefit from a little personalization. And while some enhancements are strictly for style, others upgrade capabilities and enhance ownership.
For luxury cars, you might think that going strictly stock is the best you can do. But there’s a range of modifications available that are perfect for luxury cars, enhancing luxury features and styling. And best of all, many of these mods can be completed on a budget.
Give Your Luxury Car A Matte Paint Job…Without Using Any Paint
Most automakers are offering brand new vehicles with matte paint because these vehicles look distinct. Oftentimes, the matte paint finish is limited to high-end models and/or special packages. This can make these cars hard to find and expensive to buy – even used.
However, with rubberized coatings available from companies like Plasti-Dip, it’s never been easier to give your vehicle a matte finish. It’s relatively cheap and easy too:
- Apply plasti-dip to one panel or part of your vehicle at a time, masking off the other parts you don’t want to “dip”
- Use a simple spray can and follow directions
- Start small and work your way up
You can plasti-dip your grille, your wheels, your emblems, your hood, or your entire car. And, when you want to change your look, just pull the dip off and start over (it peels away).
Add Bumper Protection
Modifying your car’s exterior doesn’t have to be all about looks. Every car owner knows the frustrations that come from the accumulation of dents and dings from rough driving conditions. Accessories like a universal car lip kit can safeguard your car from these common problems. That way your vehicle’s built-in luxury lasts longer. Plus you’ll have less repair and maintenance costs with a bumper lip!
Finishes and LED Lights To Make Interiors Shine
Once you’ve found the perfect luxury car modifications for your car’s exterior, it’s time to revamp the inside to match. A couple of easy modifications to consider:
- Upgraded LED interior bulbs. Give your vehicle an all new look by replacing all the interior bulbs with LEDs. Available in different colors and brightness levels, you can give your car an exotic look everytime the interior lights come on. Check out Amazon or SuperBrightLEDs to find a kit for your vehicle.
- Install gap trim. Insert some gap trim between your interior panels on the doors and dash to give your vehicle a custom look. It’s all friction fit, so it’s easy to install.
Also, don’t forget that plasti-dip works on interior trim panels too. Remove and “dip” a few panels, and give your vehicle an all new appearance.
Replace Those Old Floor Mats
You might not believe it until you see it, but a brand new set of floor mats can really change the way your vehicle looks when you first get in.
- Black rubber is the way to go if you’re trying to protect the interior from snow and wet weather.
- Carpet is great for warmer climates, and it’s easy to find mats that are an exact replacement for your factory mats.
- Don’t overlook buying a set of branded floor mats with the automaker’s logo – they look great
Swap Out The Factory Head Unit
Unless you’ve got a new car, there’s a good chance the factory stereo in your luxury vehicle is out of date. While it can cost a few hundred dollars, swapping out the old head unit for a new one is usually very easy.
- There are lots of touchscreen head units that include GPS, Android Auto and/or Apple Car Play, and now even Amazon’s Alexa
- Many head units can also play DVDs, accommodate aftermarket backup cameras, and add microphones for easy calls in the car
- If you buy from the right place (we recommend Crutchfield), you can get a pre-wired harness and installation kit that makes it an easy upgrade
While most head units cost $300 or more, some are available for half that amount. And don’t forget to upgrade your factory speakers either – unless your vehicle is fairly new, there’s a good chance the speakers in the doors and rear need replacement.
Style and Protect Your Rims
Last but not least, don’t forget to protect your rims from damage (and add style) with RimTrims.
RimTrims are easy to install (just make sure your wheels are perfectly clean, and follow instructions carefully), protect your wheels from scratches, and look great.
Every kind of car can benefit from a little personalization. And while some enhancements are strictly for style, others upgrade capabilities and enhance ownership. For luxury cars, you might think that going strictly stock is the best you can do. But there’s a range of modifications available that are perfect for luxury cars, enhancing luxury…